Steelgod September: Finish Him!

on Friday, September 2, 2011
I wrote 11.1k yesterday, not counting 1.7k for Adam's upcoming Pathfinder game I'm taking part in. I think having an agnostic gnome cleric in a world where gods are very much real and a reality should prove for a fun run.

But the real story is I wrote three chapters yesterday, leaving one and an epilogue to go. Meaning this book is pretty much done.

Awesome!

I'll blog tonight when I finish it, but it's still an accomplishment. I'll also have stats and what have you during that time, as it'll probably be interesting. Or not. I don't know.

I'm also going to speed-edit it tonight or tomorrow, then take a three-day weekend before starting work on Steelgods 1 (I guess I should get used to calling it Destroyer). After that it's submitting and all that fun stuff.

Overall, as I've said before I feel this book is much tighter than the first one, and I'm going to take what I learned on both it an Effulgent Corruption during my edits of the first book. Hopefully we can cut off the loose threads and make everything fit together better and lose some of the parts that are contrived. We shall see.

I also killed a main character last night, and did things with others that'll make you wish they were dead. So, you know, fun for the whole family.

I'll update tonight with the Wordle, updates, and all that good stuff!


I didn’t sleep that night, not a single minute. I spent what was left of that evening toiling over Devent’s letter, re-reading every word until I could perhaps recite the entire thing from memory. Each time my mind was not made up, my decision concerning the matter foggy and muddled. I didn’t know what to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment