Week in Review for 2/5/2012 - 2/11/2012

on Sunday, March 11, 2012
This picture is awesome. 

I forgot to do Week in Review last week! Whoops! I always remember on my stupid video game blog, but for some reason I space it for this one. Maybe it's because that means I have to blog 3+ times (one review for VG blog, one week in review for VG blog, one week in review for this blog) and after about the second one I'm pretty much burned. Not to mention I write at least 2k a day on top of this, have writing group Sundays (though it was off this sunday) and all other life junk. So, you know. I suck. Sorry.

Last Sunday we critiqued Death's Aria, and I got a ton of helpful information out of it. The book certainly has its share of issues I've gotta tackle, but as a whole I'm fairly confident. I'm not yet excited about fixing this thing, but that's why I'm writing something else first. The goal is to have Death's Aria ready to go out by May at the latest, and then start submitting like a crazy person to everybody on the planet. So all agents and editors who read this blog (all zero of you), beware: IT'S COMING.

I also did good with A Straight Cut this week, which I'm liking more and more. It's a first person book, and a big problem I have with first person books (writing them, anyway) is giving our viewpoint character a legit personality. I thought up a lot of things this week to help Timothy actually be interesting (things that'll have to be edited back into the first couple chapters), but I'm starting to think he's getting a bit better. It's hard, but if you don't stretch you never learn, right?

Anyway, here's what I did this week.

Words Written: 15,671
Daily Wordcount Average: 2,239
Current Project: A Straight Cut
Next Project: Death's Aria edits, probably another novella

I'm also still writing every single day. Which I realize isn't impressive now since it's only March, but when October rolls around and I've written every day of the year, we'll see who is laughin' then!

Also edits don't count as new words writing, unless I actually do straight rewrites, so I'll probably need to figure out something to write while I'm doing Death's Aria edits. Time to devise some awful fanfiction of my own books again...or steal Jason's mansion house and write my own awful book set in his world. It's not like he actually reads this blog and would know it was coming...

Anyway, see you next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment