Effulgent Corruption: 15,000 words (current) & Shifter

on Monday, January 17, 2011
I have been writing, I just haven't been blogging. I apologize for the lack of updates. Mostly I've been working on Effulgent Corruption everyday, while brainstorming for new projects.

Speaking of which, I have a new YA novel planned. It's a standalone with sequel potential, technically urban fantasy but probably not as much as one would think. I actually dreamed the framework last night, and filled out the details through brainstorming today. I think it will work really well.
It's tentatively titled Shifter. Without saying enough for you jerks to steal my ideas, it's about a boy who finds he has the power to shift to alternate/parallel dimensions. Of course, there are quite a few catches (such as once he shifts, he can never return to the dimension he's left). So, in attempts to improve his life, he's essentially gambling as he shifts around.

Anyway, I have a very basic plot idea, which I think could work out to be very cool. I'm excited to write it, once Effulgent Corruption is out of the way. I'm not going to try writing them at the same time (maybe) because that didn't work at all for WGMD and Paradise Seekers when I attempted it.

So here is my current game plan for 2011's writing adventures.

Spring: Effulgent Corruption. 
Break: Take two weeks or a month off to cool down from EC.
Whatever month is next: Shifter, which I will write in 30 days.
Break
Mid-summer (I'm being optimistic) -  Steelgods 2 - The Gears of Anbar
Break
Early Fall - Either a new fantasy project or rewriting Harbinger 
Break
Winter - Whatever I pick in early fall, I do the opposite now.

I think this is possible. We'll see how it goes. At any rate, my bare minimum for this year will be EC, Shifter,  and Steelgods 2. Here's to pulling it off.

Also if EC goes according to plan, it'll require a second book. So that needs to be written sometime. I'll just wait to see how much I end up liking EC before then.

So there you go. Now back to writing.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment