Nathan vs LTUE

on Friday, February 10, 2012
Like this, only a convention

So I like LTUE, actually, if only because it tends to have the funnest panels of most cons I've gone to. I'll admit that nothing beats WorldCON for sheer lack of awesome people being there, but for a small Utah convention LTUE really pulls no stops in providing an interesting and informative experience.

What I'm saying is I actually learned something this time, which is better than a lot of other cons I go to where I've heard everything a thousand times already.

It's also fun because most Utah (or Mormon, or both) authors are very sociable and love both their fans and aspiring authors. This makes most of them both approachable and amiable, resulting in a positive culture. Yeah, it can be hard to catch your favorite author when he isn't busy with his 80 billion other fans, but as a whole it is an extremely positive experience.

I also have been actually recognized by people (which also happened at World Fantasy) which makes me feel special. Though it probably just means I'm a world class harasser. I've also had some fun conversations and enjoyed most of the panels (which are heavily writing-oriented) which is also good.

So...yeah. I've been sort of burned out on cons recently (especially panels; I enjoy the socializing aspect when people will actually talk to me. I should probably cut my beard so I look less like a homeless dwarf) but LTUE has been fun. Added bonus that's its local and cheap, so if you are in the Utah valley area: there's still a day left! Come on down! I'll buy you a caffeinated drink! (maybe)

3 comments:

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Ha ha, homeless dwarf.

I'll take you up on that drink by coming tomorrow. :D

quote for moving said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

move companies said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

Post a Comment