Anbar August - Still not a WorldCON post

on Thursday, August 25, 2011
Yeah I know I should be blogging about WorldCON. But I'm at work and my brain is fried, but I still feel obligated to blog about something, so here goes?

I'm applying for a graveyard shift full time call-center job. This has both pros and cons. Pros include being able to write since probably nobody will call in, a $5 an hour pay raise (substantial!), doing in-house support rather than distributor support, and full time benefits. The cons are that I won't ever see my wife, I'll have to sleep during the day (ruining any daytime activities before 4 or 5), and I'll become a hermit.

So we'll see how that works out.

Gears is going well. The Steelgods series is also doing quite good. I've been struggling how exactly Cevan, his purpose, and all that fits into the story. I've also been basically stalling the ending of the series, since we all know what happens thanks to the prologue/epilogues, but how it resolves was still...well let's just say I had a good dozen ideas, and the majority of them were terrible.

Luckily, I managed to squash all these stupid problems (or most anyway) so I can sleep easy. Also it means I can do proper foreshadowing in these books for how everything will end, assuming I ever get around to writing four more books past this one.

I also have a tentative fourth book title: "The Wanderer of Shattered Blades." Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I'll figure something out if it needs changing.

Well, my brain is breaking. I've been writing a fair amount; we'll see if that continues tonight. I've been playing Age of Empires Online, the sort of awful online "free to play" version of Age of Empires that is way overpriced if you decided to pay to play it.

In any case, that's it from me. Here is some Gears.

“Hmm.” Ashe nodded, though I thought I saw a splash of disappointment cross her face as she returned to her tidying. “So you slept through the big news.”
“Big news?” I asked, sitting down on the bed. Ashe finally finished and then plopped down next to me, hands on her knees.
“Last Washington is sending troops to aid Spoke Boreous. Steam-machines, weapons of war. They’ll be marching through London tomorrow in some sort of parade. They cancelled morning classes so we can attend.”
My eyes widened. “Spoke Boreous…you mean Divine? He’s getting weapons from Last Washington? So there is going to be a war?”


0 comments:

Post a Comment