Steelgod September: Day Six (2,283 words)

on Monday, September 6, 2010
I was hoping to get more today, but I suppose I'll take what I can get. I finished the unfinished chapter today, and started the next. And I just now realized I have no idea where this story is going.

Which is bad.

Oh well. I'll figure it out tomorrow during class.

I'm really enjoying the premise of this book, mostly because of the creativity it allows in my viewpoint. The style is mostly third-person limited, but I'm allow to slip to omniscient if needs be. The reasoning is, the book is a retelling of the story by Cevan, essentially after he destroyed the world. Since he now can recognize the key parts that contributed to his eventual downfall, I'm allowed small bursts of foreshadowing and hinting that lend more towards omniscient writing. It's fun, to say the very least, mostly because I'm discovery writing so these hints I'm throwing down I'm making up as I go. I am keeping note of them, however, so that I don't end up with unfulfilled promises once the series draws to a close.

Aside from that, I felt the chapter was decent, and I'm curious to see where this goes. The book will probably slow down a little now, which is nice, allowing banter between Cevan and his current host (April). Should be fun, make for a good first act.

The second and third act are where things get dicy. I'm still deciding how they'll play out. I know how the book ends, but I'm still devising how exactly they'll get there. I'm certain it will be awesome, in any case.

Quote time, the Peacemaker's oath:


Peace through Control. 
Life through Creation. 
Damnation through Steel.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting....

Post a Comment